Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ciii

“Welcome to the Church of the Holy Cabbage. Lettuce pray.”
-Author Unknown, (fortunately)

            If there is one thing that I’ve learned since I’ve been in college, forgetting the stacks of text books and hastily-scrawled notes, it’s how to eat by yourself.

            I’m not complaining or making a veiled cry for help, I’m merely relating that I just don’t have a “lunch date” every single time I sit down to eat whatever unhealthy concoction is on my plastic tray. And I love it.

            I’ve mastered the beautiful art of eating alone, decaying ear-phones plugged into my cold ears, listening to a new indie album while tackling only the most messy dish possible (barbeque baked potato or roasted corn or an onion melt double cheeseburger). And I have time to think and to write and to think and to just have some time alone for the first time all day.

            And to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment