Sunday, September 26, 2010

lxiii

“Sing…sing a song…sing out loud…sing out strong.”
-Joe Raposo

            A thought: singing in Church is supposed to bring you closer to the Lord but all that it brings me is dirty stares from the people around me.

            I love to sing, whether it be in front of a mirror when my roommate isn’t there, in the shower when, hopefully, my roommate isn’t there, or in front of a crowd of people who know that I know that I cannot, should not sing. But singing off-key, in the Lord’s House, isn’t one of those three places and, while I absolutely love to just belt out the first few stanzas of “Open the Eyes of My Heart,” I think I’ll take a break for the next few Sundays and let Someone else do the singing through the quiet in both my heart and mouth.

            Just for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment