Monday, September 13, 2010

lx

“…i ducked behind the drapes when i saw the moon begin to rise,
gathered in my loose ends switched off the light.
and down there in the dark i can see the real truth about me.
as clear as day, lord if i make it through tonight
then i will mend my ways and walk the straight path to the end of my days.

st. joseph's baby aspirin,
bartles and james,
and you or your memory.”
-You Or Your Memory, The Mountain Goats

            Sometimes, I will find a song on my iPod that I had never heard before, that I had no idea existed within the digital bowels of its music-playing, rubber-protected circuits. I have downloaded so many new pop jingles and rap freestyles over the past few months that I have not been able to keep up with each one, as they lie unused and untouched for months at a time.

            Or until the glorious Shuffle angel picks them up and places them gently in my ear, and I forget the familiar walk back from Psychology and remember the lyrics of a new favorite song.

No comments:

Post a Comment