Saturday, August 28, 2010

xliv

“Hello, I love you, won’t you tell me your name?”
-The Doors/Val Kilmer

            I don’t know.

             I don’t know. I guess I’ve been having some trouble finding people with similar interests and goals and lives and choices in the viewings of certain seventies science fiction movies. I guess I’ve been, well, picky. Sure, I’ve met some individuals that I wouldn’t mind grabbing dinner with or going dancing in one of the many, many nameless smoke-filled halls. But nothing deeper. Is that too much to ask for? Probably.

            But now I’ve (hopefully) met some people that remind me about the friends I had back in Dallas, back in my old life, back with the comfortable familiarity which lies between 635 and the Tollway, friends that will laugh and cry and joke and on occasion get serious about life and put up with me. It’s a godsend. It’s a blessing. It’s comforting and wonderful and now I’m getting too fucking emotional so I’ll stop.

            So, today, officially and finally, I start my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment