Tuesday, August 31, 2010

xlvii

“I hate Mondays.”
-Garfield

“I love Tuesdays.”
-Anonymous Misanthrope

            Tuesday is officially my new favorite day of the week.

            I can wake up whenever I want to, leisurely pour souring milk into the Styrofoam bowls my parents left for me, cautiously mixing in Honey Bunches of Shit Oats.

            I am able to make my bed, the one time during the week that I have both the time and the energy to pull my Gryffindor gold and red cover over the still half-folded sheets, performing this great tradition of my two-story-house in Plano one more time.

            The only class I have today is at 3:55, a class that is filled with good-looking people (including, of course, myself), Lil Wayne mix CD’s, and sometimes business or leadership related handouts. It’s a good day, it’s a fun day, it’s a day to relax and unwind and watch TV on my laptop and, above all, to not do homework or study or think about the evils of Wednesday and its terrible trifecta of sciences and math.

            This is my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment