Monday, November 1, 2010

cix

“A day without a nap is like a cupcake without frosting.” 
-Terri Guillemets


            Napping has officially taken over my life. Feeling “rested” is my daily quest, brought on by the consistently recurring cycle of goingtobedlate and wakingupwaytooearly. My countable afternoons are being wasted and slowly disappearing with the change of the wall calendar; entire evenings disappear because of a poorly-placed three-hour “four o’clock rest”, sleeping through my phone alarm, sleeping through the day around me.

            Today I woke up at 1:51, the afternoon sky shining feebly into my blinds, my entire day (and a certain astronomy class) gone forever. And it was raining. At least, I think it was raining. From my bed it took me a good two minutes to mentally register the quiet crashing sounds outside my window as a thunderstorm, the rhythmic percussions slowly drawing me back and back and back to sleep.

            And so my eyes were and are lullabied shut into another nap cycle. Not that this is a problem: tonight wouldn’t have been productive, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment